On this page:
WebCheck BCI and FBI Procedure for All Wright State University Undergraduate and Graduate Nursing Applicants
Electronic fingerprinting is available in 378 Allyn Hall at Wright State's Office of Partnerships and Field Experiences (OPFE) by appointment only during their scheduled open hours. Electronic fingerprinting is also available through many community agencies. Costs vary by agency. Be aware that processing for electronic fingerprinting may take 5-6 weeks. You are not eligible to be admitted into the nursing program until the School of Nursing has current, valid, hardcopy background checks with no convictions on file. Copies submitted by students or agencies other than Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations are not acceptable. No exceptions!
Make an appointment
- Schedule an appointment. Call 937-775-2107 if you have issues.
- You should receive an email confirmation if you have scheduled your appointment correctly.
- Please show up for your appointment on time, with proof of payment. (Prepayment is required.)
You must bring proof of payment to your appointment.
- Submit payment
- Click on the Fingerprint icon and read directions
- Click “Add to Cart”
- Complete form with the required information (First and Last Name, Email Address, Phone, WSU W#)
- Select your WebCheck Option:
- Ohio BCI&I background check: $27
- FBI background check: $30
- BFBI (combination Ohio BCI&I and FBI) background check: $55
- If you are UNSURE which WebCheck option you need, check with the office or entity requiring the background check to be completed.
- Click “Continue” and review your cart for accuracy
- Click “Checkout”
- Complete Contact Information
- Complete Payment Method Information. You must use Discover, MasterCard, or Visa and click “Continue”
- Confirm Payment
- Print and save your receipt as proof of payment
- Come to 378 Allyn Hall on time, with a driver’s license, passport, or state ID, this sheet, AND proof of payment.
- Be prepared to complete a form with the following questions. Bring the OPFE WebCheck BCI and FBI Direction Sheet (DOCX) with you to the appointment as OPFE employees cannot tell you how to answer questions on the form.
- Have you been a resident of the State of Ohio for the past 5 years? __Yes __No
- What type of background check do you require: (choose one) __ BCI __FBI __BFBI (Ohio BCI & FBI)
The School of Nursing requires both the BCI check and the FBI check that are valid and current with no convictions on file.
- Which agency would you like your electronic copy sent to? (Required)
- Where would you like your physical copy sent to? (Required) Please note that regardless of where you get your background checks run, the results must be sent to:
X WSU School of Nursing
Wright State University School of Nursing 160 University Hall; 3640 Colonel Glenn Highway; Dayton, OH 45435
- What are the reasons for the background check?
BCI: Nurses (RNs, LPNs, dialysis techs, students entering nursing education - Ohio Revised Code 4723.09)
FBI: Nurses (RNs, LPNs, dialysis techs, students entering nursing education - Ohio Revised Code 4723.09)
Background Check Procedure for Out of State Students (processing time takes much longer)
Students residing out-of-state must obtain fingerprint cards for their state and federal webchecks. These cards may be downloaded from the Ohio BCI website. Carefully follow the directions on both fingerprinting cards and mail them to Ohio BCI for processing.
Visit the Ohio Attorney General Background Check Frequently Asked Questions webpage for answers to frequently asked questions regarding the BCI or how to obtain another copy of previous results.